Friday, May 28, 2010

Nickel Technology

So about a year ago, I was having some serious issues with my printer. It was jamming non-stop, streaking, leaving lines across the pages, you get the idea, it was being crap! Me being the technically savvy person that I am (read: NOT), I went about unclogging all the nozzles, running line alignments and various other procedures that greatly reduce the amount of ink I have left. No dice. Lines, crinkled pages, and crappy prints. So off to Google I go. You can find anything, and I mean anything, on Google. You want to make apple pie, Google it. You want to know who that actor in that movie that you can’t remember the name but it was really funny and it had the other what’s his name in it, Google it. You want to know various positions for getting into when you and hubby are playing twister (where were you going with that freak!), you guessed it, good old Google. But I digress. So I Google problems associated with my specific printer to see if anyone else is having this issue and what I should do. I finally conclude that I need to examine my rollers (no idea, but Google provided me with a diagram) for any foreign objects. As I am sure you guessed by now, there was a nickel. How did I get a nickel in my printer you ask? I have kids. Four of them actually. I removed said nickel and all was right with my world again. Fast-forward one year. My computer has decided to be violently ill and after months of band-aids and Tums (for me, not my computer), I sent her away to be looked at by a professional. Inside the belly of the beast, you guessed it. There was a nickel. I think it may have even been THE nickel. I have pondered this nickel in my computer for days now. How did it get there? There are no large openings or holes. What of this nickel that continues to torment me? Should I press charges? Emotional distress? Can I sue him for all he’s worth? What about the kids? Can I sue them for pulling a Houdini with this nickel and somehow shoving it into the magic trap door of my computer? What could I get? A booger and some belly button lint? Is that worth it? How do I protect my computer in the future from these savage little beasts whose sole purpose in life is to be more creative with their destruction each and every time? Would it be fair to stick Barbie’s head in the blender? How about if I were to smash matchbox with MY hot wheels? Should I invest in a bubble? Eureka I’ve got it! I’m going to get more wine! Have a wonderfully fun and safe weekend!

3 comments:

katherine said...

oh my.... yes sounds like nore wine is needed... that is too funny...Kat

katherine said...

oh and sounds like I need a proofreader... actually NORE wine is a new wine for those who, type with out proofreading it's pretty tasty..hahah...

Erin said...

Oh I am bery familiar with NORE wine.......see!