Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Series of Firsts

On Friday, the kids had their first school dance. While I love all the kids equally, this was an especially special moment for me and baby girl. We did her hair, and picked out a dress to match the theme (which was St. Paddy's Day). She was adorable! We all went and had a great time. The kids danced and so did I. Yes you heard me! I danced at my child's school function. It gets worst..........I did the electric slide. For those of you wondering, the kids are still talking to me. Mckyle was asked by a girl to go with her. My first reaction was "Are you kidding me??????? You are 9!!! This is not OK! Who is this girl???" But Gary said I was embarrassing him so I behaved....sort of. She was a cutie and they never even hung out! They said Hi and then ignored each other the rest of the night. I obviously had nothing to worry about. Still, I'm going to be watching this boy.

So here is a picture of my girlie:


I don't have any of Mckyle or his date because he wouldn't cooperate. Sorry.

Another first in this Crazytown was Mckyle's Baseball game. This year he moved up to Minor A which is considered BIG TIME! He has been so nervous about playing and doing good. Today was their first game. The game was at 9 so we had to be their at 8 for warm-ups. Unfortunately, the other team did not show up. After many calls it was discovered their was a schedule mix-up and they weren't coming till 12. That's what their schedule said. So we waited around for the other team to get their as quickly as they could. We still didn't end up playing till 12. Mckyle looked so handsome in his uniform! He did good too. It rained on and off the whole game but not enough to cancel it. Bummer for the parents freezing their toes off in the stands or fighting with a cold baby........... They lost 12-7 and Mckyle walked away with his first real shiner! He was moving in to "field" a grounder when it popped up at the last second and caught him in the eye! So with out further adieu:


Sorry the pics are so crummy. They were taken with my phone. I also want to say thanks to my Sis-in-Law Julie for updating her blog and making me feel the pressure! See ya later!

No comments: