Thursday, June 18, 2009

Speci@l K is for Champions!

Why do I not know how to spell, you ask? Because I do not want some random person typing in a g**gle search for Speci@l K (see a pattern here), and stumbling across my random rantings and deciding to call the authorities............
So onto my original topic, I LOVE this cereal. It actually tastes really good. The nutritional value is what prompted me to buy this in the first place, that and the commercial. It claims you can lose weight by doing the Speci@l K diet. Frankly, I'm desperate. I know, I know. Ollie is not even 2 months old but it's a cruel, cruel world people! And I'm fat. Okay, chubbie. Alright! A tire would be a better description of my middle. Can I at least call it a bicycle tire? It's smaller. But I digress! This cereal is yummy. So I pulled out my favorite cereal bowl this morning and measured 1 serving........which is equal to 1 cup. I mean 1 cup is a lot right? WRONG! It looks like dried up leaves at the bottom of an old wishing well. It's so low, I can barely distinguish ridges on the flakes, hell I can't even see individual flakes. So I figure at 120 calories per serving, I can afford 1 more cup. So I measure and pour. It's getting better. I figure if I leave out the milk, I should be able to add 1 more cup. It was still a little low but I figure I was probably eating about 6 cups of fruit loops before. So at this rate, I should see weight loss in about a year. Or I could just get a smaller bowl.........

5 comments:

Z-Mama said...

Is it that delicious?! I don't remember ever trying it. I usually eat Honey cheerios...mmmm. Then I try filling it the rest of the way up with fresh fruit...that seems to fill me up usually...for a few minutes at least!

Erin said...

It is when you are depriving yourself of life's sweet nectar.........chocolate. I think anything with a little sweetness would be good. I'm crazy!

Cindy said...

Did you try the chocolate delight cereal they put out? Or raspberry-chocolate snack bars? Yes, I'm bringing up choclate while you try to deprive yourself, I expect a shoe will fly at my head soon.

But if you do want a "healthy" chocolate fix, fiber 1 bars. One caveat, you may be able to power a generator with the gas you will get. Upside, kids tick you off, eat one of those and drive them to school with the windows up. :P MWAHAHAHA!!!

I should go work...

Erin said...

Oh I am very familiar with Fiber One.........lol

Julie Camacho said...

Try regular Cheerios with Stevia and almond milk. You can still only have one cup, mind you.